Coronavirus Read our latest advice

We use cookies to allow us and selected partners to improve your experience and our advertising. By continuing to browse you consent to our use of cookies. You can understand more and change your cookies preferences here.

Get advice on noise pollution
0117 456 6132
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 6pm
Excluding Bank Holidays


*only £9/month plus a £29 joining fee. You can cancel anytime.

Taking action

Noise dispute resolution

Many noise disputes, particularly those involving neighbours, can be resolved informally. Often simply explaining politely that you’re being troubled by their noise may do the trick.

Sometimes, however, neighbours aren't quite so reasonable. They either can’t see why using power tools at 5am, for example, is a problem or are reluctant to change the way they live.

Which? Legal can help

If you can't hear your TV over the sound of your next-door neighbour’s music, or you’re regularly disturbed by all-night parties, Which? Legal lawyers are on hand to advise you on your rights.

Our specialist advisors can help you to take the necessary steps to restore noise to reasonable levels, which may include asking your local authorities or the Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to investigate the noise.

They can also advise on the best way to build and present a case to persuade your local authority or council to take action against noisy neighbours.

The Which? Legal specialist advisors will give you individual, jargon-free legal advice and provide step-by-step guidance to achieving a noise dispute resolution.

Why Which? Legal?

We're not on the clock. Our legal team will help you every step of the way, for a simple monthly fee.

0117 456 6132

Monday - Friday 8:30am - 6pm
Excluding Bank Holidays

Join Which Legal

*only £9/month plus a £29 joining fee. You can cancel anytime.